Your Adventures End Here..........
I knew Skyrim was going to be a bit.....unforgiving at times. And I was ready for that. I knew good ol' Drago Musevi (my Elder Scrolls Nord Warrior) wasn't going to just jog through the place without getting a few scars (so to speak) along the way. And that was O.K. What I wasn't expecting was the myriad ways that that poor bastard would die in a less than honorable fashion. Whenever he gets to Sovngarde he'll be the laughing stock. I just know it.
Let me share with you a few of those.....deaths.
1. - Chasing butterfly in woods. Attacked and killed by two bears.
2. - Tried to steal a goat from a Giant. Part of the 'A Night to Remember' quest. Villager's prized goat got sold to a nearby Giant. Tried to steal it back. Giant got angry, thought I could take it (level 32). Two hits and I'm launched into the air for about 10 seconds before I hit dirt. Hell, I was already dead by then.
3. - Ice Troll near High Hrothgar. No the Troll didn't kill me. I backpedaled right off a cliff, down the mountain and probably broke every bone in my body as I watched myself rag-doll all the way to the bottom.
4. - Needed a Mammoth Tusk for a vendor in Riften. Smacked Mammoth once. Gored and trampled to death by said Mammoth.
5. - Got off my horse to kill a couple of Bandits. During the fight I hit my horse by accident. The horse reared up and kicked me dead.
6. - Thought I could sneak up behind some skeletons in an underground cave (can't remember the exact one). Accidentally hit a trap plate that opened the grates under my feet. Fell to my death on a bunch of wooden spikes below.
7. - Got turned into a Vampire. Didn't keep track of Vampire "stages". Went into Whiterun when I hit that final stage, whole town attacked me. I got better after I reloaded and drank some blood. Then finally got rid of the diseases in a sidequest. Seriously, being a vampire in this game is awful. Worse than Oblivion. By ten times even.
8. - Wounded when fighting a Necromancer, backpedaled to cast healing spell.....right off a tower to my death.
Seriously, I really need to start paying attention to my environments.....
9. - Followed a river that had a large falls near a farm. Thought I could leap from this very high place into river below and cut down on travel time to farm.
The water at the bottom wasn't very deep........
10. - Thought I killed a Spriggan Matron once. Was sitting there reaching for my tea, controller in lap, before I realized that she'd only curled up to heal. Dead before I could reach controller. :/
11. - Dragon attacked Orc settlement. Used devastation spells to kill it. Hit Orc Chief by accident during fight, whole settlement attacked and killed me. Even after I tried to surrender.
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be more, but for now, I thought I'd share the few....memorable deaths I've had so far.
To Be Continued (I just know it).
The Many Deaths of Drago Musevi
Blog entry posted by wastelander75, Aug 17, 2012.