Analysis of Current BBB Ratings for EA and BioWareThe following analysis provides important information that helped in creating the guidelines for filing BBB complaints about the problems with Mass Effect 3.
- EA San Fransisco has resolved all of their 1108 complaints in the past 3 years; that shows how much they care about maintaining their current rating "A".
- BioWare Austin has the highest rating of "A+" because it's the newest location with only 3 complaints.
- BioWare Edmonton has the lowest possible BBB rating of "F", which is caused by a combination of these factors:
- Failure to respond to 2 complaints
- One unresolved complaint
- BioWare's failure to provide BBB with sufficient information about their business
- BioWare Edmonton only has 66 total complaints versus the 1108 of EA San Fransisco, yet their rating is abysmally lower. This illustrates how even a small number of unresolved issues can drop a company's BBB rating.
- Based on the following factors the EA San Fransisco location is the best place to submit our complaints:
- EA is the publisher responsible for the sales and marketing of Mass Effect 3
- EA San Fransisco has highest volume of complaints
- All 1108 complaints in the past 36 months have been resolved
- BioWare Edmonton isn't resolving BBB complaints submitted to them
- BioWare Austin only accepts complaints for Star Wars The Old Republic
Guidelines for Filing Mass Effect 3 BBB Complaints (2 of 4)
Blog entry posted by K. R. Hamilton, Apr 25, 2012.
About the Author
As a gamer for the past 15 years, I've seen a lot of changes in the industry; many of them are detrimental to our rights as consumers. There's a great opportunity for unity among gamers of all types to achieve lasting changes that will protect our rights. Hold the Line is a beacon of light that will help make future games better, by uniting gamers and demanding honesty and respect from the gaming industry.